From Our Mesa Plumbers Team – Awesome Things to do in Mesa, AZ
As plumbers in Mesa, AZ, we’re so proud to call this amazing city our home. We’ve loved getting to know the families and businesses throughout Mesa, and there’s never a shortage of fun things to do here. We’ve created this quick round-up for your next Mesa visit, or if you’re already a resident and want to check out something new.
Have plumbing problems? We serve Mesa and the entire East Valley. Contact our plumber Mesa team.
Be One with Nature
Mesa is home to some of the most stunning natural scenery in Arizona. Whether you love hiking, getting close to wildlife or spending time on the water, Mesa has it all.
- Usery Mountain Regional Park: This park has nearly 30 miles of trails, perfect for a stroll, hike, horseback ride or bike trip. Trails range from easy to difficult, so anyone can grab some fresh air and take in the sights.
- Desert Belle Tour Boat: Take a 90-minute cruise and see wildlife, desert vistas, and canyon walls throughout Saguaro Lake and the surrounding areas.
- Riverview Park: This park has a community fishing lake stocked with fish for urban fishing fun.
- The Rose Garden at Mesa Community College: This is the largest rose garden in the Desert Southwest, with nearly 9,000 beautiful rose bushes to see and sniff.
With so many nature-filled destinations to choose from in Mesa, there’s always a new option to explore.
Check Out the Arts
Mesa has its own “Culture Crawl,” where visitors can wander around the downtown area and check out more than 40 innovative public art sculptures.
Art lovers can visit the Mesa Arts Center, home to a rotating gallery, and also home to a performing arts space featuring live music, comedians, circus-style shows and more.
The I.D.E.A. Museum is a hands-on art museum with fun for the whole family, featuring paintings, sculptures, photographs, and interactive activities.
If you take a ride on the Valley Metro Light Rail that runs through Mesa, keep your eyes peeled for additional art installations at Mesa stops.
Have a Dino-Mite Time
The Arizona Museum of Natural History has the largest dinosaur exhibit west of the Mississippi River. There are tons of archaeology, paleontology, ethnology and history exhibits to check out, plus a 50-foot high indoor waterfall that’s awe-inspiring.
There’s also a photography gallery and rotating art exhibits, including art that highlights Native American cultures that are so important to Arizona heritage.
See What the Wild West Was All About
Arizona visitors (and even some residents) love learning more about the Wild West culture the state is known for throughout the world. Rockin’ R Ranch is a fun place to check out to see a slice of history, where staff dress in traditional Western garb and offer saloon-worthy entertainment patrons of all ages will enjoy.
See a gunfight, watch a Western music and comedy show, and chow down on hearty cowboy fare. In cooler weather, you can explore the property, mine for “gold,” pet furry animals and more.
Take Yourself Out to a Ball Game
You don’t have to head to Phoenix for a good ol’ game of baseball. Mesa is home to the Chicago Cubs and Oakland A’s spring training teams, who play teams from around the league during the 30-day spring training stretch.
Spring training is a must-do activity in Mesa. You can get up-close-and-personal to players, take in the action in gorgeous Mesa spring weather, and nosh on a beer and peanuts in the middle of the day in the middle of the week. Even baseball fans look forward to this very-Arizona pastime!
Get Your Groove On
Music lovers love Mesa because there are always great live musicians who can be heard around town.
- Desert Eagle Brewing Company: Head to the Main Street Mesa location of Desert Eagle Brewing Company for open mic nights and live local bands several times a week.
- The Monastery Bar & Grill: If you love sand volleyball, grilling, bar fare, and live music, The Monastery Bar & Grill is the place to be. Hit up a sand volleyball court, then try some weekly karaoke. The spot also features live DJs and bands on various nights.
- Mesa Amphitheatre: Mesa Amphitheatre has seen hit acts like Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco take the stage. The unique outdoor venue has tiered grass seats, and shows are a blast there, especially when the weather is nice.
It’s not uncommon to see the occasional street performer in Mesa, either. And if you’re a musician yourself, you have to check out the legendary Milano Music Center, a sprawling musician’s paradise that’s been open since 1946.
What Else Should We Do in Mesa?
These are just a few of our favorite ways to stay entertained in Mesa. There are also so many great dining options (try Organ Stop Pizza for dinner and a show) and hundreds of more ways to have a blast in Mesa.
Where should we go next? Head to our Facebook page to let us know.
Schedule a Plumber Now
“Needed a plumber and called Angry Pipe late at night (10pm). They were able to get out first thing in the next morning. Was treated right – this is how you build a great reputation as someone you can trust.”Brad Brazeau
“Had an excellent visit from Brandon. Fixed water pressure issues, was very honest about what I needed, what I didn’t, and fixed my hose bibs from leaking.”James Devine
As licensed plumbers professionals, we know the value of prompt service and quality results
We have worked hard to build a reputation as the East Valley’s premier plumbers. Our team is licensed, bonded, insured and highly trained to provide exceptional service. Find out what so many households already know and call us today!